Our crazy life makes as much sense as a dog "barkin at a knot"

Our crazy life makes as much sense as a dog "barkin at a knot"

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Blessings

As life is passing me by, I realize just how blessed my life really is. Although there is so much more ahead of me, I am enjoying smelling the roses along the way. Rather, the roses in my life. The many positives that God has placed in my heart.

I have an amazing husband, Roy, and we've been married for three and a half years. We share a beautiful baby boy, Raith, born in October. He has become my first smile every morning and my last thought every night. He's healthy and happy and I couldn't ask for anything more. We share a beautiful home. It keeps us warm in the winter, cool in the summer. Through the years, it has become not just a house, but our home. It is where our family is and the most relaxing place to me. We also have two good-for-nothin mutts (though Roy would say they are just mine). Sparta is our doberman, Corona is our schnauzer. They were my children before Raith arrived, and part of the family.

Roy works very hard for me to be able to stay at home with our handsome boy all day. He is currently working in North Dakota, for Unit Drilling, on an oil rig. Roy's job title is "derrick hand." Meaning he's the one to be in the board (the tall part of the rig), pulling pipe. He works with his brother Blake, also known as Moose. They share the same crew and work with some really great guys. I'm glad that he enjoys his work, even if it is so far from home.

I am also going to school to earn my degree in Secondary Education. It took a long time for me to decide what I wanted to be when I grew up. I chose to become a teacher to help teenagers get through those horrible years until graduation. Also, so I could be able to have holidays and summers with the kid(s). (We want more babies....someday). I am in my last semester, hopefully, of my Associates degree, then I can transfer to get my Bachelors.

After reflecting on all the amazing gifts of my life, I could not but help to feel fulfilled. I love my little family, and enjoy everyday that we get to spend together. Not once to I regret any decision to get to the point where I am. For all these blessings, I thank God.

No comments:

Post a Comment