Our crazy life makes as much sense as a dog "barkin at a knot"

Our crazy life makes as much sense as a dog "barkin at a knot"

Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Semester

Monday morning yet another semester of school begins. I'm to the point now that I feel like I can take on the challenge and conquer (all of my classes this time).

Last semester, I endured the final trimester of my pregnancy, a major surgery to bring my little man into the world, and a full class schedule, and ended up with one A, two B's, and unfortunately- one D. However, I am thrilled that as a first time mom, I did that well. It was a tough decision on if I should take the semester or not since I knew that I would deliver half way through. Looking back I'm glad that I did. Would it not have been for one AWFUL professor, I know that I would have passed all my courses with flying colors.

This semester I am again taking on a full-time schedule. I feel so much more prepared than I did last time. Already I am more organized. I took over the desk and turned it into my study corner. In semesters past, I would just plug my laptop in anywhere, throw my book on the floor, and just make do. This time around, I have decided that I need to be more organized to stay on top of my studies and not receive another bad grade...I am a better student than that! Now I have a nice organized set up and I am very excited. To the point that I am almost excited to start homework. Note that I said almost!

As for Raith, I know that he will be my best study buddy and we've had a "discussion" where I explained to him how important it is for mommy to get her homework done and that he needs to help mommy do so by behaving. He responded with a furrowed brow, tongue sticking out. I'm choosing to interpret this as an "Okay Mom, I promise." All this work is for him, and I know that seeing him will remind me to work hard so that I can make his life better and be a good example for him.

So, fingers crossed, shoulders back, chin held high....I'm ready!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for completing your last semester! I took the semester off knowing it'd be really difficult to do school and figure out the whole motherhood thing. But I'm going back this spring. My semester starts the beginning of February. Eh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I only took one graduate class online last semester because I was freaked about when I was going to go into labor and how long I would need to stay in the hospital. But I managed with an A. Now I'm trying to figure out this semester...I may only have one class but the workload is already intense. But I'm determined to get my degree and my teaching certificate so it's got to get done!
    Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete