Our crazy life makes as much sense as a dog "barkin at a knot"

Our crazy life makes as much sense as a dog "barkin at a knot"

Friday, February 4, 2011

Whew!

It has been incredibly busy at our house. Raith has been teething already, no tooth cut through, but he sure does gnaw at everything and you can see the little toothies trying to come out. His hand-eye coordination wasn't so impressive. It was rather entertaining to watch him try to put his teething toys in his mouth, but he is getting the hang of it now. He changed into our happy-go-lucky baby to a screaming night mare. It definitely took some adjusting to.

Raith is now almost four months old. He has found his found his feet, they are his favorite teething toy at the moment. His socks are always wet and drooly. As of last week, he is now able to roll over. He can now turn from back to front and visa versa. And yes, he has already rolled off the couch. It only takes once for momma to learn though! Last night while I was taking a test online, Raith and Roy were having an intense conversation. I have never heard Raith laugh so much before. It was hard to want to finish my test and oh so tempting to join in on the fun, however, I finished and got a decent grade.

School is going rather well. It was a busy first few weeks, but now there is a pattern and easier to manage my schedule. Raith is a great study buddy, however every time I sit down to take a test (always timed) he decides he needs some attention. He's learning to be patient and learning how to play on his own, which is amazing for mommy (and her grades too!)

This weekend we are heading up the mountain! Yup, Roy and I are going skiing along with Josh and Amber. I am super excited. Nana is even coming to baby sit which means real grown up time! However I'm also feeling nervous. Last time I went skiing was in middle school and it ended with me taking out a Dad and his two sons at the bottom of the mountain. Very embarrassing! So my fingers are crossed that this time will be more successful. Roy has never been so I guess we will get to learn together. And best of all, I finally have somewhere to wear my super cute ski cap (pictures to come)!

No comments:

Post a Comment